Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Reflective floor needs to stop bouncing its color on other objects

keene kopper
Booster

Hello,

I have a pretty saturated floor color for which I want to have high reflectivity, but not have it bounce its color onto other objects nearly as much, or at all. As you can see in the screenshot, the ceiling, which is supposed to be white, is receiving a ton of red from the floor, as are the walls, but thats less identifiable in the screenshot. I'm using cinerender. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

KeeneScreenshot 2024-05-01 at 2.19.42 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma

TV / Film Production: Sr. Set Designer
Art Directors Guild, Local 800
Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eugene
Contributor

I would say it's probably Attenuation and the Layer Color in the Reflectance rollout - that's where I would start at least. I have also used the ceiling as an illuminated object to bump up GI generally, this would probably also get rid of it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
keene kopper
Booster

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 2.23.23 PM.png

Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Solution
Eugene
Contributor

I would say it's probably Attenuation and the Layer Color in the Reflectance rollout - that's where I would start at least. I have also used the ceiling as an illuminated object to bump up GI generally, this would probably also get rid of it.

I tried to adjust the Attenuation and Layer Color, but that didn't really do anything, at least with the non-physical render. I did at illumination to the ceiling, and that did help a lot. Thanks for that suggestion! 

Archicad Latest Version
runxel
Legend

You could also try to set the Saturation of the Seconday rendering method to 0 (zero). I'm not sure about the material, but there must be some setting in the material too, can't recall right now.

From the Archicad Help:

Saturation.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Setup info provided by author