BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Rotating of elements

One of the things that I find frustrating is the inability to rotate objects elements in  all three planes. Currently AC only allows rotation in the "xy" plane which in most cases is fine but my new design requires objects (like walls and slabs) to be rotated in the other planes. MCAD software has been doing it since forever so I can't see what is preventing AC from implementing that feature. That ability would remove all the steps needed to reshape a wall using shells and other features. I find simplicity is always better.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Regarding slabs, there is a wish somewhere regarding the consolidation or, or at least consistency between, the Slab and Roof tool.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

I edited you post to say 'elements' rather than 'objects'.

Objects (which are a type of element) are scripted in GDL and rotation is controlled in the scripting.

If it isn't it is possible to download a 'rotator' object that allows to to rotate another 'object' in any direction (not very good in my opinion).

'Elements' (walls, slabs, etc.) can not be rotated other than what is allowed in their settings.

i.e. walls can inline sideways but not rake lengthways.

If you could freely rotate these elements, it would be very confusing with height, width, length, is it a wall or a slab or a roof?

Ultimately we would have just one element  that could do everything, but I am sure that will be confusing as well.

I think there was an 'Objective' add-on that would allow some manipulation of elements (unless I was mistaken and it was just for objects).

It is now part of the Central Innovation tools which you can purchase from them.

I can't say if it is any good or not as I have never had the need to use it.

And of course anything can be converted to a morph and freely rotated (even manipulated in shape) as you please.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Regarding slabs, there is a wish somewhere regarding the consolidation or, or at least consistency between, the Slab and Roof tool.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!