Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Creating a Thread

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

When you create a thread on this forum, adding images to help explain your issue can go a long way. As they say, an image is worth a thousand words. For readability the best way to do this is to DRAG & DROP straight into the TEXT WINDOW.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 162637.jpg

This will place your image INLINE. You can also PASTE (ctrl / cmd + v) images from your clipboard straight into the text window as well or use the INSERT PHOTOS button.

Lingwisyer_0-1673945118538.png

If need be you can move the image to position it at a suitable point within your text, ideally following any references to it. They can also be scaled in size, though unless you are showing a close crop of something small, this is not needed as clicking on the image will expand it out anyway.

The attachment box at the bottom should only be used for sharing objects and files.

Ling.

NOT HERE IN THE ATTACHMENT BOX.jpg

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
2 REPLIES 2
mthd
Mentor

I too am a visual thinker, it sometimes does my head in with too much descriptive language. I think in pictures and most Architects and designers usually do too.

When an office person relates changes to me in descriptive language, I ask them to mark up the drawings instead and sketch things if they can. I can usually understand what they want but pictures are much quicker and it saves allot of time.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Barry Kelly

Yes please add your images directly to the message.

Not via the box underneath that says 'Drop your files here'.

That just creates a link to the image.

It is much better when they can be seen in the message.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11