Dear Graphisoft Community,
We are thrilled to open to submissions the Your Best Design Option challenge! Join us in spotlighting your creativity and design skills with Archicad's brand-new feature Design Options.
We invite you to send us a GIF. Optionally, you can add a description and additional screenshots - just make sure the GIF comes first as it will be the cover of your entry.
If you don’t know how to make a GIF out of your design options, just follow these simple steps:
1. Choose the perfect angle to showcase your work and save the view (right-click, Save Current View…);
2. From the saved View, go to File > Save as… > select JPEG as file format > set the best quality in the Image Save Options > hit Save;
3. Repeat Step 2 after switching to another design option you have created;
4. After you've collected your images, go to any free source JPEG to GIF solution online, for example iloveimg. Select the animated GIF option in the right side of the screen and set 2 seconds per image;
5. Download your GIF and upload it here. To be eligible for the rewards, please also upload the Archicad PLA file in the dedicated field.
Get started with Design Options
If you are not yet using Design Options to harness the potential of Archicad 27, get on boarded in our Archicad 27 Upgrade Training, a short self-paced course available at Graphisoft Learn.
You are also invited to grab your popcorn and join us on November 28, 2023. We will host a webinar here on Graphisoft Community to cover a quick overview of Integrated Design Options and use cases. Reserve your spot!
Our jury will select the most creative entries to be rewarded with special prizes:
Selected works also have the chance to be featured in our social media and knowledge base.
Upload your GIF/visual content directly to the entry field, and your Archicad PLA file in the dedicated field.
Note that your PLA file will not be accessible to other Community members.
To participate in our challenges, you must be a Community member. If you haven't done so yet, please create an account.
András is an Architect and has worked at Graphisoft for over 20 years as a Product Designer. He contributed to several modelling features, including Building Materials and priority based connections, Complex Profiles, multi-plane Roofs and Curtain Walls. Later on he also specialised on the design of Information Management features in Archicad. In recent years, he’s held the position of User Experience owner for Archicad Development. András was the lead designer of the Design Option feature introduced in Archicad 27.
James is a Senior Product Manager at Graphisoft located in London, United Kingdom. He has almost 25 years of experience with Archicad – since version 5.1. James has worked at Graphisoft for 12 years, as a Product Designer in Budapest, and BIM Consultant in Singapore. Prior to Graphisoft, he practiced as an urban designer with projects in Australia, Middle East and China.
As Vice-President of Marketing at Graphisoft, Ron is passionate about amplifying Graphisoft's solutions' productivity and performance benefits to the global audience by showcasing their creative impact and the teams behind them. He is an advocate of BIM-enabled products and believes that they greatly enhance the resources and potential of AEC professionals working to resolve heightened environmental and social demands.
• To be eligible for recognition - rewards -, you must submit an entry with an image or GIF of your Design Options solution AND your Archicad PLA file in the dedicated field. Note that the visual is visible to all Community members, but the PLA file is accessible only to Graphisoft.
• You are allowed and welcome to submit multiple entries;
• Graphisoft reserves the right to change or cancel any award and make other adjustments as needed to accommodate particular circumstances;
• All submitted entries will be publicly displayed on Graphisoft Community. Submitting an entry gives Graphisoft permission and approval to leverage content (images and/or videos) for Marketing and Public Relations purposes in presentations, on social media, and in the Graphisoft websites;
• By submitting your entry in this challenge, you declare that the Archicad file and related images are done by yourself and/or does not infringe any third party Intellectual Property. If the Archicad projects are inspired by a product or another idea, make sure to specify in the entry description and give the necessary credits;
• The submission window starts on November 1, 2023 | 12:00 PM CET;
• All entries must be received by December 31, 2023 | 12:00 PM CET.
Now, unleash your creativity and unlock the power of Archicad's brand-new feature.
Graphisoft Community Team