We are thrilled to launch the next community challenge: Flex Your BIMx. Spotlight your creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with BIMx. Showcase innovative uses of our award-winning tool, above and beyond classic project presentation!
We invite you to send us the URL to your BIMx hyper-model or link to a YouTube video presenting your work in BIMx. Mobile, web, and desktop versions are all accepted, but kindly specify if your entry requires a specific platform. Feel free to describe your creative process in your entry, but it is not obligatory.
How to Participate
1. Go to the entries tab and click “enter the contest”;
2. Upload an image of your BIMx project directly to the entry field and its link, either from BIMx Model Transfer (set visibility to public) or to a YouTube video in which you present your BIMx file. Done, you're in!
To participate in our challenges, you must have a Community account. If you do not have one yet, please follow these simple steps.
Get started with BIMx
If you are not yet using BIMx to maximaze your Archicad projects, Share Your Archicad Project to BIMx is a self-paced course available for free at the Graphisoft Learn portal. Check it out and get started with our award-winning project presentation tool!
You are also invited to grab your popcorn and join us on July 13, 2023. We will host a webinar here on Graphisoft Community to cover a quick overview of BIMx, the new features released this Summer, and project showcases. Reserve your spot!
Our jury will select the most captivating entries to be rewarded with special prizes:
1st place: Apple iPad pro* + Graphisoft Learn voucher €400 + roundtable with BIMx Product Manager and Product Designer
2nd place: Graphisoft Learn voucher €400 + roundtable with BIMx Product Manager and Product Designer
3rd place: Graphisoft Learn voucher €240 + roundtable with BIMx Product Manager and Product Designer
Honorable mention: Graphisoft Learn voucher €150 + roundtable with BIMx Product Manager and Product Designer
*depending on your location, we may provide you with an Apple Store voucher instead
Selected works also have the chance to be featured in our social media and knowledge base. We're seeking BIMx files that showcase:
• Collaborative innovation: Show us how BIMx has fostered seamless collaboration among project stakeholders, leading to enhanced efficiency and streamlined workflows.
• Beyond classic project presentation use: Demonstrate how you have pushed the boundaries of BIMx to explore unconventional uses and applications, unlocking its full potential.
• Archicad and DDScad synergy: Showcase how you've leveraged the power of BIMx in conjunction with Archicad and DDScad to achieve remarkable outcomes.
Celia is a technician in Civil Construction and an architect with extensive experience in Brazil. She has been using Archicad since 1995 (version 4.5), became a certified trainer by Graphisoft in 2016, and BIM Manager in 2021. Currently, Celia is our Customer Enablement Specialist in Latin America and manages the Graphisoft Community (Portuguese-Brazil).
László has worked at Graphisoft for over 20 years as a Quality Assurance engineer. He specialized in Archicad modeling and rendering for 15 years, and works with the team behind BIMx since its early stages. László has an architectural background, which allows him to help with the creation of demo materials as well.
Link is a former BIM Manager and 25-year Archicad veteran. He is currently the Archicad Technical Director for BIM6x in the United States. He has trained thousands of Archicad users over his career and specializes in creating custom Archicad templates.
Marin is a practicing architect, Archicad distributor and key BIM expert in Croatia. He is involved in most BIM-related associations and has been the BIM Manager for the largest BIM project locally. Marin is the director and founder of 3D ART software for architecture and MR 2 architectural studio.
Norbert is a Technical Support engineer at the headquarters. With his exceptional expertise, he has established himself as our go-to BIMx expert, readily addressing any inquiries or challenges that arise (no pun intended). Norbert has witnessed many innovative and creative applications of BIMx by architects, nonetheless he is eager to be surprised by your works.
Roland is the Product Manager of BIMx, with Technical Support background. He was one of the BIMx experts at Graphisoft before he joined the Product team. Now, he continues to take care of ideas, and eagerly researches how to make BIMx better serve our customer's needs, in close collaboration with the Development team.
Shimo-san joined Graphisoft Japan in 1998. She is mainly engaged in sales and implementation activities in West Japan. Currently, Shimo-san is our manager for Graphisoft Community (Japan), in charge of the local user community and user group activities.
Shanelle holds a master's degree in Architecture, and was introduced to Archicad at Florida A&M University, during her bachelor's studies. She has been using the duo Archicad and BIMx for over 8 years, and was invited to our Graphisoft Basecamp back in the day. Shanelle has worked in various small and medium-sized architectural firms in the United States. Currently, she is our Senior Customer Engagement Specialist at the North American office.
Zsolt has 10+ years of experience, with a strong foundation in design and architecture. He has been an invaluable asset to the BIMx team at Graphisoft for the past three years, working as our Product Designer. Zsolt's contributions have been instrumental in driving the development of BIMx, keeping it at the forefront of innovation in recent years.
Terms and Conditions
• To be eligible for recognition - rewards -, you must submit an entry with a picture of your BIMx project AND a link - either to the corresponding file on BIMx Model Transfer or to a presentation video on YouTube;
• You are allowed and welcome to submit multiple entries;
• Graphisoft reserves the right to change or cancel any award and make other adjustments as needed to accommodate particular circumstances;
• All submitted entries will be publicly displayed on Graphisoft Community. Submitting an entry gives Graphisoft permission and approval to leverage content (images and/or videos) for Marketing and Public Relations purposes in presentations, on social media, and in the Graphisoft websites;
• By submitting your entry in this challenge, you declare that the BIMx file is done by yourself and does not infringe any third party Intellectual Property. If the BIMx/Archicad/DDScad projects are inspired by a product or another idea, make sure to specify in the entry description and give the necessary credits;
• The submission window starts on June 19, 2023 | 12:00 PM CEST;
• All entries must be received by August 20, 2023 | 12:00 PM CEST.