Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Views in paper space move when the view is redefined? Please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

I am working on a large site plan which has detail layouts split up over about 20 sheets.
I made some changes to the view settings, and when I redefined the view the sheets updated and everything moved! I am guessing because my view of the plan was in a slightly different location than before when I clicked redefine, it is now shifting things?

This is going to cause me issues because I will have to reposition all 20+ views on each sheet. Is there a setting that has caused this? This hasn't happened to me on previous projects. When I update the view settings the drawings should stay in their current location regardless of what I'm zoomed into when I click redefine.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
4 REPLIES 4
jl_lt
Ace
Hi, this has only happenned to me if i change the scale setting, otherwise it should stay there. the change in position in the layout is minor or does it moves out or almost out of view?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Set your placed views to use Internal Origin?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Switching it to internal origin unfortunately does not help. I switched to internal origin, and then switched it back off, and now all seems to be fine and working. What exactly was wrong, maybe I'll never know...

Before it fixed itself, the drawing was moving by a significant amount inside the viewport. But even if it was minor, the fact that it moved at all broke consistency with my drawings and meant I had to reposition all of them...
Lingwisyer
Guru
Switching to Internal Origin would not fix the current issue, but should prevent it from occurring again as then the origin of the view is relative to the model itself instead of the layout.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660