Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to protect my .PLN or .TPL files

Alison_007
Booster

Hi. Hope everyone is ok, wouldn't it be great if we had the option to protect our Archicad files, either by passwords, or a key that allows you to prove yourself as someone who is on the team or someone who has some approval.

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

See the suggestion here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Teamwork-BIMcloud/Any-way-to-protect-my-archicad-files/m-p/37684...

about using BIMCloud Basic (free/included) to restrict access within the same office.

Otherwise, this seems like a reasonable wish for protecting files that others might get access to.  This has been wished for several times over the years, but I can't find the old wishes at the moment...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
4dProof
Advisor

maybe a work-around, but:
if you store the individual .pln or .tpl files in a separate folder, you can password protect entire folders on Mac and PC

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2