Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad Authentication

4dProof
Advisor

I have had many, MANY, of my clients run into a "reauthentication" notice when opening Archicad. It hit me today. It seems that AC can not re-authenticate on my computer now as well. Logging in simply gives the "resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed... etc. etc. etc."
I can quit and try again, but same results. I can skip authentication, but I know that starts a 7 day timer until I'm locked out.

1) What is "authentication" for? I have my license pool. why do I need to authenticate in Archicad?
2) Why is authentication failing? I have read that I can reset my GSID log-in and p/w to fix this. That has failed for every client I have passed that little gem of advice on to.
3) When will GS either revert back to the old open/join menu that did not require this seemingly unnecessary impediment to their software?
4) Who ever thought open > authenticate was a GOOD thing?

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This is just a guess from me, but the June 10 upgrade to GS ID servers may have something to do with this.

For example, on the Learn Portal, which is also accessed with GS ID, we had to delete all cookies, clear the browser cache and restart the browser to be able to access all content properly on the Learn Portal.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
4dProof
Advisor

there have been quite a few authentication and license manager issues lately tied to GSID log-ins.
One user has to 'repair license' every time she opens AC. Several have had re-authentication failure warnings. One couldn't even download a license from their license pool. I don't know if they are all related, or just a coincidental onslaught of access/license issues coming in all at once.
But the re-authentication issue is a puzzling one. I'm mostly trying to figure out what explanation I should give people with this issue; specifically when they ask "what is the authentication for?"... I have no answer to give them

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I am forwarding these issues to GS HQ so they are aware of them and possibly investigate.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
calroc11
Participant

Hi I am getting the same error, how was this issue resolved ?

archicad 26 error.jpg

I did figure out that if you log out (upper right corner), then back in, it will allow you to re-authenticate. The re-authenticate button does nothing

Marcell Hillier
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi there,

Thank you very much for letting us know about this issue, and sorry for all your struggles and our late response here.

It was a serious problem that started happening after the migration of the GSID database in June. In the case of expiry, the user could be logged out automatically but was able to log in again, as this issue was affecting only the so-called reauthentication case. But it was misleading and far from ideal indeed.

Since then this issue has been resolved, and the re-authentication problem should not be encountered again.

Thank you for your great patience.

Kind regards,

Marcell Hillier

Technical Support Engineer