BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Airplay?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any chance we'll be getting native airplay support within the BIMx iOS apps?

We use an apple TV for presentations now and system wide mirroring just isn't the same. Would be nice to output a 16x9 image.
5 REPLIES 5
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

We are considering to implement this in the future, I have added you request to our wishlist.

Best regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
That has been on my wish list too.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Karl Ottenstein
Interesting to note that if you have an iPhone 6 Plus ... both Airplay mirroring, and direct connection with the Apple Lightening to HDMI adapter fills the entire 16:9 screen because of the full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel screen of the 6 Plus.

So... until GS provides native airplay - if you have a iPhone 6 Plus around, that will do the trick. The clarity even of the text in documents is quite good! Beautiful image.

The one request I would make having just tested this, Csaba, is for the top menubar to auto-hide to show even more of the model and less distraction when doing a presentation.

Karl

PS Could someone test with a standard iPhone 6 which is 1334 x 750 pixels? That is still 16:9, so it would be interesting to see if the cable and/or AppleTV will display it in full screen on the TV, or if it will have a black border.

iPads and older phones don't have 16:9 screens, so this workaround isn't an option there.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks for the info Karl, good to know. I agree, an auto-hide option for the top bar would be cool, this shall come with the Airplay support.

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good call Karl. Might be worth getting an office iPhone 6.

Thanks Csaba. Looking forward to it. Would make our presentations much more streamlined.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!