cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Communication error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Recently I receive this message quite often, when I try to download a project from the BIMx Model Transfer. Even though my device most sertainly is connected to the internet. The only way I can access the project in my phone is through the local copy on the server..

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

This is a known issue with BIMx on iOS 12.0.1.

iOS 12.0.1 implemented a change to how app switching works (in the background, on a system level). When iOS switches between the web browser and BIMx, the downloading starts before the app switching is finished, and that confuses iOS, so it stops the download – which makes BIMx think you are not connected to the internet.

We are going to find a solution to this, and release a fix for this issue as soon as possible. Transferring the model through iTunes still works properly.

In the meantime you can circumvent the issue as follows:
- On the iPad you should have the option to run 2 applications next to each other. If you open the browser and BIMx next to each other in split screen view (or rather the browser in a small size over BIMx), then this app switching won’t happen when you start the download (since it is already open right next to it), thus the download should go through without an error.

- On iPhones the issue is a bit trickier, because there’s no split-screen multitasking. My experience is that if I double-click the home button (to the app switching screen), and swipe BIMx up (to terminate it permanently), then go back to the Transfer Site in the browser and start the download like that, the system will have to start BIMx itself, and the download can go through.

I hope you can use these suggestions to go on with your work.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit