cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archidraw 5.8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an elderly client who is using ArchiCad 5.8 on an PowerMac 7200/75 with an HP Laserjet 2100TN. OS is 8.1.

When he goes to print, the lines are all the same width. If I go to printer setup, the options for editing lines are grayed out.

I just reinstalled the print drivers from to restore printing to the HP, and Word and Notepad, print fine.

Any one willing to throw me a bone?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hard to think all the way back to ArchiCAD 5.

I vaguely recall that there was a setting in Plotmaker to print hairlines. If all the lines are very fine then this may be the problem.

Another thing to check is to make sure the pens have weight. It is possible the pens were all set to the same width. This would be odd though because the PMK files retain the pen settings of the ArchiCAD model unless reset in Plotmaker (which is a recommended practice - but I can't get into that now).
Anonymous
Not applicable
"I vaguely recall that there was a setting in Plotmaker to print hairlines. If all the lines are very fine then this may be the problem."

Sorry to be so dense, but I am completely lost. I see PlotMake in the computer. Opened it up, but could not find any thing regarding hairlines. And does PlotMaker affect how ArchiDraw prints to the printer.

"Another thing to check is to make sure the pens have weight. It is possible the pens were all set to the same width. This would be odd though because the PMK files retain the pen settings of the ArchiCAD model unless reset in Plotmaker (which is a recommended practice - but I can't get into that now)."

I can change pen weight in plotter setup in Archidraw, but not on printer setup.

And at this point, the client isn't printing to a plotter. Just a printer.

If all else fails, he may have to just put the file(s) to disc and have another company print them.

I really appreciate your time and advice.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!