Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage Bracing Tool - Brace Length

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created my own Bracing type in the cadimage bracing presets. In the Bracing type I created - the maximum bracing length is 1200mm. When I go to calculate the bracing - it automatically creates the bracing length to be 2400mm and it doesn't seem like you can enter any values lower than that. So when my bracing table is created - it has various lengths up to 2400mm - and i cant seem to change them?
For example - the 1200m wall brace on the bracing plan shows that the length of the brace is 1200mm - but in the bracing table it says that the length of the brace is 1900mm.
Also the BUs/m for wind and earthquake are the same number (150) where Wind should be 162 and earthquake should be 159.

1.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

2.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found a part in the settings of the bracing table - under custom settings ->Achieved BUs -> Along Number & Type -> Length Height & BUs
where i was able to change the length of the brace line to what i wanted, and this updated the table automatically - but when i updated the bracing table from the cadimage menu - it changed the values back to what the were before.

I also noticed that in the 'Length Height & BUs' setting - it shows the correct BUs/m - so why cant it show this on the bracing table?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having never used the Bracing tool myself I'm not able to help, but try lodging a support ticket with Cadimage themselves, as most users here wouldn't have a clue what you're on about.
Anonymous
Not applicable
haha no worries I'll do that