Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Maxwell Render

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Maxwell Render product looks very impressive - has anyone had success importing 3ds files out of Archicad?. I don't want to have to purchase bridging software such as C4D just to bring files into MR. I'd rather use C4D (impressed with the Demo) or wait for Artlantis R - or Archicad plug-in for MR??
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
At the moment i am using 3dmax7 to "bridge". I do not think it has been published as a standalone application, at least i cannot get my head around how it works without 3dmax.

I have exported it as 3ds but i don't seem to be able to export with textures. I will test it in the next few weeks, but i think you have to add them manually in the host application.

This will change thought as soon as they release the plug in for archicad.

BTW, you can buy the offer now for $399 and they will update Maxwell to Archicad when it is released free of charge. So, i think it might be a good idea to buy it now. I have to admit though that unless you have a dedicated PC for rendering you might get frustrated with the rendering time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
patricprz wrote:
At the moment i am using 3dmax7 to "bridge". I do not think it has been published as a standalone application, at least i cannot get my head around how it works without 3dmax.

I have exported it as 3ds but i don't seem to be able to export with textures. I will test it in the next few weeks, but i think you have to add them manually in the host application.

This will change thought as soon as they release the plug in for archicad.

BTW, you can buy the offer now for $399 and they will update Maxwell to Archicad when it is released free of charge. So, i think it might be a good idea to buy it now. I have to admit though that unless you have a dedicated PC for rendering you might get frustrated with the rendering time.
Hi patricprz,

I'm using 3dmax7 to "bridge" too. At the moment I'm test MR. You say that you can't export in AC created textures with *.3ds to 3dMax! By me it works perfect! What version of MR are you using?
The problem that I have at the moment is only relative to Fogs! I can't comletely off it.

Hi Harry Monaghan,

I think that it will be very nice to performance AC with MR engine.
The LightWorks renderings are qualitativ, but LW in AC is not practical to use. MaxwellRender givs us posibility to make better renders and do it much more easier. The only thechnical problem with MR is that users must have Power Workstations.