Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

NY Times:"Revit Architecture, the industry standard"

Chazz
Enthusiast
Maybe eveyone knew or suspected this aready but it's different when the grey lady says it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/business/11gehry.html?_r=1&ref=technology

This is a fascinating article but here is the money quote:

Architects routinely use modeling software, but the latest version of Digital Project would enable them to try extreme designs for skyscrapers. While acknowledging that the Gehry software is impressive, Carl Galioto of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, a firm that has designed many skyscrapers, says that it is hard to learn and three or four times as expensive as a conventional modeling program. Revit Architecture, the industry standard from Autodesk, is listed at $5,495 on Autodesk’s Web site.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
72 REPLIES 72
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
oh my word! now are we comparing searching trends on google with what exactly? so along these lines we can compare searching trends for a word "p.o.r.n" too and it would suggest that the most of the US population (in fact the world population rather) are deviants. I mean those kinds of statistic are useless as tits on a bull.
::rk
Rob,

Is the bull 'bullish' or 'bearish' do you think?

Would it eat beets? Asparagus?

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Clarence,

Love your posts. Is there a reason why you haven't been admonished or at least encouraged to create a 'signature'?
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Aaron wrote:
Clarence,

Love your posts. Is there a reason why you haven't been admonished or at least encouraged to create a 'signature'?
I'm not really sure; or more pointedly, I don't really know.
But my guess is that, you would have to ask those who've neglected to encourage or dish out such an admonishment, in order to get a clearer or more accurate answer to your question. Not to be rude or anything (and forgive the pedantic-ness) but I don't really possess any special talent or motivation in speculating why other people haven't done yet what they presumably should do.

Unless, of course, your question happens to be some backhanded, oblique or genteel way of admonishing or encouraging me to do so, then that's different.

But if the question really is, why I haven't done so yet, or, chosen to do so yet, (and entirely different question, obviously) then there would be a bunch of reasons ranging from the fact that my hardware frequently changes and I personally don't have any special predilection for any particular platform; certainly not enough, for either (platform or hardware) to suitably or accurately describe my profile or usage; - to,..... I don't often pose questions in the forum asking for ArchiCAD-related help (in fact none, to my most recent recollection); wherein such a signature would be useful to those who would offer answers, suggestions or help, and whence such a question regarding my lack of a signature would come up.
Suffice it to say, outside of that latter particular scenario, I have personally never seen how such information is helpful to other people that I may happen to be communication with at any given time; particularly in regards to supplementing what they may know or infer about me, from my posts that they happen to be reading.

But for the record, and since the question came up: I'm frequently and most commonly on the latest version of ArchiCAD, and on, or near the most recent version of Hotfix available; and do tend to split my time very equally between a MacPro OSX system and a PC (Quadcore 6Gb RAM) Vista64/Win7 64 system depending on whether I'm at work or not at work.
Again, not particularly sure how that information helps anybody; but what have you.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
OMG!!!

Clarence is this for real or are you just really really really bored? I have read your drivel just because I drank four beers already... and surprisingly you have missed the point in your brilliant essay about nothing and that is YOUR SIGNATURE could show the current AC version and hardware you use.

Oh and I have almost forgotten - Aaron please stop asking for god sake!
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not wanting to take the lights off BC, here is an image that I always find interesting.

If you look at Revit trend, in any given month of the year, you will see that during weekends search falls to half. Allways.

Can not comprehend this, when compared to AC trend.

Not wanting to sound paranoid (but they are out there...) could it be that a bunch of AD employees are riding Google, during work hours, to produce such results?

If not, what could possibly be the explanation?

Anyone?
Rob wrote:
OMG!!!

Clarence is this for real or are you just really really really bored? I have read your drivel just because I drank four beers already... and surprisingly you have missed the point in your brilliant essay about nothing and that is YOUR SIGNATURE could show the current AC version and hardware you use.

Oh and I have almost forgotten - Aaron please stop asking for god sake!
Hmm.......that's interesting to know.

Almost as intersting as the fact that I actually answered the question, but which is obviously unimportant to you. But whatever.

Soo.... the next time YOU actually do make a point, - beyond drivel, that is, - I'll gladly respond to you as well; and possibly in a manner that stimulates both your inebriated and non-inebriated brain.

He asked a question. I responded.
A and B conversation. So, C yourself to the point of making the intelligent decision NOT to respond to something that disinterests you; especially, if it also offends you so much. M'kay Robbie?

If you're looking for an argument or a fight, go pick it with someone else who has as much time to waste as you apparently do.
vistasp
Advisor
Krippahl wrote:
Not wanting to sound paranoid (but they are out there...) could it be that a bunch of AD employees are riding Google, during work hours, to produce such results?
Umm... probably not Miguel. One doesn't need employees manually querying google. A simple bot that works 24x7 through various proxy servers can do that.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
Not wanting to take the lights off BC, here is an image that I always find interesting.

If you look at Revit trend, in any given month of the year, you will see that during weekends search falls to half. Allways.

Can not comprehend this, when compared to AC trend.

If not, what could possibly be the explanation?

Anyone?
Perhaps the Revit numbers are driven by large firms IT & BIM managers who are surfing, climbing or skydiving on the weekends.

The other question is why so many people search for ArchiCAD on weekends when they could be doing something else?

The Revit curve may be quite normal for professional software. It may be that ArchiCAD is the anomaly.
Geez, (and Good Morning)

sorry i went to bed. i didn't think i was trying to pick a fight. and i don't drink anywhere near as much as I used to.

Clarence. given the context of the forum and its constituents, I thought it might be interesting to see what you have uder the hood, so to speak.

I'll keep asking, thanks, Rob. I'm starting to wonder of some of the newcoers are really frustrated ArchiCAD users or Revit suicide bombers.

ps signature workshop hint: AC12 is now up to Build 2437.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5