BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

beams data extraction

Rakela Raul
Participant
When you add a beam to the middle along a wall, (and just norrower than the wall not to get into skins, elevations lines , etc) the beam is not recognized in the 'data extract. calcs'.

if you move the beam, 2 inches out the wall, those 2 inches get calculated only.
Am i doing something wrong ? or it is what it is

(make wall shorter, put the beam, place another wall on top of beam is not an option)
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Rakela wrote:
When you add a beam to the middle along a wall, (and just norrower than the wall not to get into skins, elevations lines , etc) the beam is not recognized in the 'data extract. calcs'.

if you move the beam, 2 inches out the wall, those 2 inches get calculated only.
Am i doing something wrong ? or it is what it is

(make wall shorter, put the beam, place another wall on top of beam is not an option)
Anything to do with the strength of the beam compared to the wall?
Just guessing here.
If the beam is weaker and is being cut away in 3D then I would assume it would not need to be included in any calculations.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rakela Raul
Participant
thanks Barry,
i'll tell you that lastnite, for the first time i played with the mac version of ac10, (loved it) and the first thing i did was to try this, and did work. (so shame on me)......but i promised i was shown 3 times this problem in the office and i agreed that didnt work....for sure i will check again and rt now.
be back for more shame.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
just checkd again, and the mates in the office are right, the beam is not read inside the wall. as soon as the beam is moved a little bit outside the wall, th schedule picks up the volume just outside the wall.

soooo, the beam inside the wall IS detected as an element but not calculated
(and lastnite, on my fisrt mac experiience, just didnt see the bm volume as zero)

thx a lot
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Thomas Holm
Booster
what happens:
- if you change material?
- if you change layer priority?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rakela Raul
Participant
thanku Thomas,

I have to try that also but not a chance yet...will do tonite and let you know
first thing tomorrow....thanku again Thomas
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
what happens:
- if you change material?
- if you change layer priority?
Wall and Beam Priority , that was my problem, i had it good @ home bad in the office ....Thanks everyone.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Learn and get certified!