on 2018-09-1009:57 AM - edited on 2021-11-1902:24 AM by Rubia Torres
Using 3DS content can be a great tool in building up a custom library. In order to import 3DS files the 3DStudio In add-on will need to be installed. The add-on is part of the Goodies installer. After this package is installed, follow the steps below to convert 3DS content into GDL objects.
1. Go to File > Interoperability > 3D Studio > Import 3ds as GDL Object...
2. Select the 3DS file to import and click Open.
3. In the Currently loaded 3ds file dialogue box, verify or adjust the size of the object and click OK.
4. A prompt will appear alerting that the content has been added to the embedded library. Click OK.
5. Open the Object Default Settings dialogue box, navigate to the Embedded Library and verify that the object appears correctly.
Exporting & Archiving Content
Once 3DS content has been imported and converted into a GDL object it can be exported to an office library for wider and repeat use. Visit the link below on exporting content from the Embedded Library. Exporting Content from the Embedded Library