Autotext Annotation

Judit Boros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
See also: How to Insert Autotext in ARCHICAD Help.

The ProjectInfo database can be used as a location for stored annotations. These annotations can be then inserted into the project with AutoText. If you work on a plan where the annotations belongs to multiple views, it is easy to store the AutoText in the Project Info so whenever some changes are needed you can simply change the text in one place.

wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_autotextannotation--01.jpg

You can use the small arrow on the right side for Multiline Description. The save/load XML feature of Project Info allows annotations to be exported for subsequent projects (or to be included in a template). It allows for multilingual translation.
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_autotextannotation--2.jpg
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_autotextannotation--3.jpg
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_autotextannotation--4.jpg
Comments
DGSketcher
Legend

@Rubia Torres There seems to be some kind of limit on custom entries. In my case I have hit the limit at 50 lines which isn't quite enough for what I want to do. Is there a restriction?

It would be a big step forward if we could add more entries, create our own groups (and subgroups) and also enable re-ordering of the entries. 

Rubia Torres
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @DGSketcher,

Thank you for your contribution. I collected your inputs to discuss with our developer.
As far as I can see you are using Archicad 24 UKI. I tested in Archicad 25 INT and could easily go over 50 lines in custom entries. If you have more details, please share with us. I'm glad to do further research on the topic.

Cheers,

Rubia Torres

Customer Engagement Trainee | GRAPHISOFT SE

Need help refining your modelling skills?
Check our Design category for the best workflow + tips&tricks!

DGSketcher
Legend

@Rubia Torres Thank you, good to know. I am still on 24 pending a stable Monterey version (Feb '22?). Once this is released I will be able to use 25 but still be able to go back to 24 if necessary.

Rubia Torres
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @DGSketcher,

From Archicad 25 UP2 (Build 40XX) we are compatible with MacOS 12 Monterey. It was released back in Nov '21 for UKI version. We noticed some cosmetic issues but no crashes. You can acquire more information about Monterey compatibility in this article. We are continuously working on fixing such issues. You might want to subscribe to the mentioned article (options > subscribe to topic) for the latest news.

Cheers,

Rubia Torres

Customer Engagement Trainee | GRAPHISOFT SE

Need help refining your modelling skills?
Check our Design category for the best workflow + tips&tricks!

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!