BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill tool

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi,

I am finally warming up and learning more and more in archicad, trying to prepare all the setting so I work faster and my work looks more professional. 

I have been many times in situation where I was trying to find the right fill tool. (such as marble, or more sophisticated look of wood veneers..) I looked over the standard archicad option and it seems *very* limited to the fill tools it has. I seen that everyone can create custom fill and I did a few (although the scaling setting is kinda odd I think but ok..). So yes, creating fill tools is "easy" and possible, but I wonder if I can just download some fill library online (where?), add It into archicad fill folder, ...and then it would automatically be in fill tools? Instead adding one by one?

Maybe I am missing something but there was not literally even a marble fill.. 

thank youuuu!

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Fills have nothing to do with Libraries (although they are used by library objects).

They are 'Attributes' that are stored in the project file.

Are you working on a file based on the default Archicad template?

If not. it may be worth opening that to see what fills it has.

It is possible to import/export fills from one file to another with the Attribute Manager or Attribute Palette.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tim Ball
Expert

You can also make image fills if you want realism

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

Oh ok. So I work I guess with the original archicad options, once I am done with project, I copy paste and create new one with same setting...it does not have many options so i was wondering If there is a place to download fills. That I can let our carpenter make obvious what is marble, what is wood, and so on. I tried to create new fills but it just does not look right so I thought there may be some site offering clearly just fills to download.....ad add one by one manually in worst case, if there is not a folder such as library. (what I really wanted and found eventually was a black and white raining showing marble texture ) like photo attached. except I would like it with more materials like this.  

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 11.51.27 AM.png  

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)

I am not sure you will find any central source for fills already created in Archicad, unless someone want to share them.

But if you do come across a file with fills you like, you can use Attribute Manager to export them for use in any other file (where you can import them).

Have a look in the default template to see if there are any you want that you don't already have.

If not, you can create your own.

The image you show would have to be a 'Symbol fill' - you can draw your own lines in plan and copy & paste them into a new symbol fill.

An 'Image fill' that Tim mentioned, is a fill with a texture image file (i.e. jpg or png) rather than a hatch pattern.

So it looks more like a real 3D texture but has no hatch pattern.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!