Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Missing View Sets when importing from a PLP to PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've been experiencing a new and annoying problem when working in Teamwork and trying to import new views into plotmaker.
The problem is when we go to import the new view from the PLP file almost all the views, about 98 of them are missing. In fact only one shows up as being capable of being imported.
I've checked the PLP file, signed in as the Team Leader with exclusive access, sent and received changes but no joy. Still the same result. Anyone have a problem with missing views?
Now for the fun part:
I've found a work-around for this but this even perplexes me more:
I duplicate another random view from somewhere else in the LBK file, same sheet or another and paste it where I want the new view to go. I then go to Drawing Usage, find the duplicate file and chose relink. When it asks me where to relink it to I chose the SAME PLP as before and lo-and-behold, I get the full listing of saved views! I chose the new view, relink, update and I finally am happy. Sort of...
Any thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
kevin b
Contributor
Have you Shared the views in the Teamwork Project? If the views are not shared they will not show up when trying to import into PM.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this wacky behavior about two weeks ago. It was a critical time and I sent my file to Graphisoft but forgot to send the admin file. I was able to duplicate the view set and share it and the views worked. This ended up with two identical views, so I ended up deleting the faulty view. This caused the duplicated view set to not work with plotmaker. Also to check this each time you must send and receive changes which is overwriting your backups. The final fix was to use the most current PLC which contained most of the created view sets and save as solo and re-share. We now have one team leader that is always named "Team Leader" and only one person is responsible for importing the views in plotmaker.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have investigated this problem and have found a bug in ArchiCAD causing this error:

View sets are listed in the project file in an order not under the control of the users. If an unshared view set is on the top of this stack, then the view sets will be hidden in the PlotMaker import dialog.

The work-around is to share unshared view sets until the viewsets appear again in the PlotMaker dialog. If the viewsets are all shared, then this error will never happen.

This error does not cause any data loss. Views are just missing from the list and can be recovered by the process detailed above.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
We have investigated this problem and have found a bug in ArchiCAD causing this error:...

The work-around is to share unshared view sets until the viewsets appear again in the PlotMaker dialog. If the viewsets are all shared, then this error will never happen.
This doesn't exactly address our bug. We only had the original view set from when the file was a solo project. No additional view sets when the one set disappeared in plotmaker.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This bug is still out there!!! A co-worker went to import their drawings into plotmaker and only one view was in the viewset. It seems to occur when the teamleader changes from one person to another. I ended up being able to revert to an earlier backup file and only lost three hours of work. This bug is particularly bad as you will not notice the the views are missing until you try to import a view into plotmaker. Another strange thing, the views are missing when importing a view, but show up when selecting a drawing and trying to relink.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We may be seeing this problem on a project too. I know that hotfix 2172 addresses the issue, but I have yet to be able to unzipped that archive file from Graphisoft to run the update (that's a post in another thread). Anyway, in regards to the unshared view set, does anyone know of an administrative way to see which of the registered users on the project might have unshared view sets? Or do I have to sign-in as each registered user over the life of the project and check the navigator "manually"?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft has fixed the link for hotfix 2172 at the tr.graphisoftus.com web site. After updating, PlotMaker was able to import views despite the unshared view set we had discovered in one of the teammates workspace.

I still think it would be nice to be able to query the model as an adminstrator and list all shared and unshared view sets. This would have made finding the problem a lot easier than signing in and out eight times to check. I would also extend as a good management tool for organizing and coordinating view sets in the project overall.

All in all, thanks for the hotfix though.