Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

"PM_UPD" files after upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had a few "PM_UPD_*" files show up in our CAD folders since we've upgrade (Mac OS X). They have the PLP icon on them. Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't worked one over yet, but it seems to have created itself.
7 REPLIES 7
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
"PM_UPD_*" files are created when you update your PlotMaker layouts from a Teamwork (plp) file. In such case PlotMaker locks the PLP for a little time while it duplicates the plp (this is the "PM_UPD_*") then releases the original plp so that other users can send and recieve, and background ArchiCAD works from the "PM_UPD_*" file. When you exit PlotMaker, the "PM_UPD_*" is deleted.
This change in ArchiCAD 9 solves some issues that happened when teammates were sending changes to the plp while others were updating views from the same plp.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems then that we have had some instances of the files not deleting themselves. Maybe there was a problem exiting gracefully from the Layout Book. It sounds like the files can be deleted if we are sure no one is updating or trying to send changes. I will try to find out what left the files behind.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Unfortunately if PlotMaker crashes, the file might be left behind. You can just delete them if no-one is running PlotMaker. I proposed that in a future version we address the problem of these left-behind files.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would think it would be better to find a way for PlotMaker or BGArchiCAD create a *.lck file. Our office is used to looking for that if we are having trouble in a project.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We don't want to lock the plp for the whole time of the PlotMaker update, since it can take long. BGArchiCAD will lock the plp for the time the duplicate of the plp is created.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see.

"If" a user is trying to send changes while the *.plp is being duplicated, do they get a busy message? What is the teammate experience?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is like when the file is used by another teammate.
Gergely Kmethy