Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Am I the only one seeing these horrible lags in shifting tabs?

I know that some may see me here as a professional hater, although I rarely use the word myself, but the lag, comebacks, stuck images and freezes I am experiencing with 27 when simply moving from one tab to another is getting beyond ridiculous.

I am asking, just like in the title....an I the only one?

The saddest part about it, is that I've seen this happening on small projects too, so it is not an event  dependent on size, polygons and other libraries.

Also, please do not ask me if I updated to the last hot-fix or shut down and restarted my machine.

AC 7-26 (current 27)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

@Lucian Laculeanu wrote:

Also, please do not ask me if I updated to the last hot-fix or shut down and restarted my machine.

It is the obvious thing to ask really.

I have not noticed any problems, but I am not a Mac user.

I notice in your signature that you are running Ventura 13.4.

Latest version of Ventura is 13.6.7, and then there is also Sonoma 14.5.

As a non-Mac user, I don't know if upgrading your OS will help or not.

Do you have trace & reference active in each tab (view).

If so does turning that off help?

Are you able to access any of your files on another machine for comparison?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I haven't updated my signature with all details. I run Sonoma 14.2.1...

Anyhow, yes these things happen on other machines too, including my less powerful laptop (iMac pro - also Intel - I am not convinced by M's)

The most obvious is a lock on the 3D view that just freezes and does not refresh and it just simply jumps back to other tabs I have open.

There are events similar to this related to having trace on, but that is somewhat to be understood not less frustrating though.

Another example...I am working on several details (in the same file), and I am navigating between some detail tabs, and after making my selection and activating a tab, ArchiCAD decides to just jump back to the previous detail...

AC 7-26 (current 27)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home