BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dual Monitor question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I run archicad 11 on a Dell Precision M90 Laptop. i have been given a Viewsonic 20.1 LCD Monitor to use as a dual monitor. whenever i open an Large model i have to go to the laptop screen properties and change the resolution to 1400 x 1050 and then click on the model and then change the properties again back to 1680 x 1050 to get my model to rotate without components disappearing and reappearing or in other words make it rotate smoothly. is there a setting someplace that i can adjust so i don't have to do this everytime i open a model.

Jeff Hopkin

Project Modeler

Iowa Prestressed Concrete (IPC
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
This IS a strange problem. I assume you mean to navigate in 3D OpenGL rendering mode.

You face two problems in getting smooth rendering motion:

The size of the OpenGL window: forget full screen rendering - try a smaller window - say half size - to see if it gets smoother.

The detail of the OpenGL window: In OpenGL options dialog, you should reduce the features selected, and tune the rendering radius - it might be too small and lets distant things not render as you move.

To render a full screen view at high frame rate [of a large project] needs more than 256 Mg video power - most of us don't have that juice.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!