Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3D DXF in to 3D gdl

Ivan Piljek
Participant
Is there a way to import 3D DWG/DXF files, and to convert them in to 3D gdl files, and how. I have downloaded some Duravit washbasins in DXF format but I'm not able to import them as 3D elements.

http://www.duravit.com/website/homepage/products/product_overview/series/vero.com-en.html/p-94256

Ivan
Ivan Piljek,
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry replied to the wrong post.
in most cases all DWG/DXF entities can load into AC, in DWG translator You have to sometimes "reload functions"( in misc section AFAIR) and then switch on some positions in the functions tree - like acis solids or polymesh etc.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Erika Epstein
Booster
You could also try opening them as a library part.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Ivan Piljek
Participant
Hi all, I tried all of that, open file, open library part, merge, place external drawing, attach xref, import blocks from dxf/dwg, in translator I tried to use Binary 3D and gdl script, but nothing seems to work.
Ivan Piljek,
Ivan Piljek
Participant
I solve it, Piotr you tip did it, In translator Custom functions - Open extras - Reload functions, and then 3D solid - Convert to GDL objects. After that go to Import blocks from dxf/dwg, AC creates library parts in embedded library. I think that this proces should be more easier.

Ivan
trans01.jpg
Ivan Piljek,
Ivan Piljek
Participant
New objects are created in embedded library.
trans02.jpg
Ivan Piljek,
The reload function is done once - after that You can save translator and use it when needed.

Best Regards,
Piotr