Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC14 custom 2d symbols - 2d symbol missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am familiar with the basics of creating 2d symbols. Something weird is going on from v13 onwards and wonder if anyone has had same experience.

After creating a custom 2d symbol and saving etc - I sometimes need to open the symbol to edit it's appearance etc, add more hot spots if needed. However - sometimes the 2d symbol just does not appear - the screen is blank. As far as I recall this never happened in AC12. Also (sometimes) happens with 3d objects created - but if you close and re-open AC14 it appears. Is there a switch or setting I am missing?

Any comments welcome
thanks

Richard
AC14 3862 USA FULL
iMac i5 2.8 GHz 8GB Mac OS 10.6.8
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard:

One thing to check is that all the Fragments (like layers) are shown, in the Main Object dialog box they are under the Preview near the upper left corner. Also, check the Zoom and Scale of the 2D Symbol window so you know they are not very small or off screen.

HTH,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David
Thank you for the reply. Cannot find the fragments (not sure what you refer to here) - I will be calling GS to assist. Had checked zoom but no sign of 2D symbol lines.

Richard
Barry Kelly
richard wrote:
David
Thank you for the reply. Cannot find the fragments (not sure what you refer to here) - I will be calling GS to assist. Had checked zoom but no sign of 2D symbol lines.

Richard
Your fragments (layers) might all be turned off.
Barry.
fragments.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11