Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 - divide by zero - maybe GeForce problem??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!!

I use archiCAD since version 5 and this is the first time that I see this error.

I have a notebook with a ATI graphic card, but the HDD crash and for the moment I have to change to other notebook with a GeForce graphic card (310m).

If I start a new project, no problem/error occurs. But if I import a project from ArchiCAD 15 using the 16 library, the error of the attached image occurs when I try to copy/paste any object. Why??

thanks for any help.

Sem título.png
5 REPLIES 5
There is a problem with library part master script of which is quoted.

Best regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
And how do I correct that?

And why this happens only in this notebook and not in the previous one??
(I also test in a nb with graphics card onboard and it's ok)
Karl Ottenstein
pereiraBR wrote:

Are you saying that the exact same file (not a variant - but this exact file) works on the old notebook and not the new one?

That would seem unlikely as this message relates to GDL parameters and those would not change just by switching machines.

As Piotr suggests, you would have to open the m_Rail Horzontal.gsm object and go to line 99 of the Master Script to see what is happening there ... what is the divisor parameter/expression that is causing the divide by zero.

I would venture a guess, though, that this object is a macro (the m_ prefix) called by another object - window/door or fence for example - and that you have set the parameter height for some horizontal element to be zero. This isn't your fault - a properly-written object would error-check and not allow a divide by zero to ever happen. But, finding the parameter set to zero will let you get past it.

The report that you show reflects only what is actually generated in the 3D window.

If you are not sure what library part is causing the error message, use the bold marque to split your project in half. Find the half that has the error. Then take half of that half, choose the quarter that has the error ... and continue until you find the problem part.

Sometimes once you've found the problem library part it is hard to figure out what parameter is causing the error. Easier to reset the part to its default parameters (in the Object Settings pick another part, then pick the desired part again and click OK) verify that the error is gone, and then set your parameters again.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
pereiraBR wrote:

Are you saying that the exact same file (not a variant - but this exact file) works on the old notebook and not the new one?

That would seem unlikely as this message relates to GDL parameters and those would not change just by switching machines.

As Piotr suggests, you would have to open the m_Rail Horzontal.gsm object and go to line 99 of the Master Script to see what is happening there ... what is the divisor parameter/expression that is causing the divide by zero.

I would venture a guess, though, that this object is a macro (the m_ prefix) called by another object - window/door or fence for example - and that you have set the parameter height for some horizontal element to be zero. This isn't your fault - a properly-written object would error-check and not allow a divide by zero to ever happen. But, finding the parameter set to zero will let you get past it.

The report that you show reflects only what is actually generated in the 3D window.

If you are not sure what library part is causing the error message, use the bold marque to split your project in half. Find the half that has the error. Then take half of that half, choose the quarter that has the error ... and continue until you find the problem part.

Sometimes once you've found the problem library part it is hard to figure out what parameter is causing the error. Easier to reset the part to its default parameters (in the Object Settings pick another part, then pick the desired part again and click OK) verify that the error is gone, and then set your parameters again.
I will try this.

And it's the exact same file. If I open in a notebook/desktop with ATI or onboard, it's ok. If is a GeForce, the problem occurs (test in 2 notebooks with GeForce).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thing that in found related to this problem.
If in open a project created in ArchiCAD 15 in the 16, load the 16 library, erase all the project and just draw a circle, when I copy/paste this circle the same error occurs.

Or even if I open the template of the 15 in ArchiCAD 16 (loading the 16 library) and try to copy/paste a circle.