cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Copying specific library parts to a new version of Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office has recently upgraded from Archicad 15 to Archicad 18 and i would like to copy across an object from the 15 Library that is missing in the 18 library.
The object is a story marker - see attached screenshot.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Wouldn't there be an equivalent '18' marker in the 18 library?
The marker object will show as a red dot when you open an old file but use the 18 library (unless you use the migration libraries - but I am not sure about these as I don't use the default libraries at all).
Select them and swap them for the '18' marker - use CTRL+ALT to pass on any customised parameters if you need to.

Otherwise if you really want to keep using the 15 marker object the easiest way will be to copy it from your 15 file and paste it to your 18 file.
This should add the object to the 'Embedded' library which is fine for that job.
In the Library Manager you can then export that library part to an 'office' library that you can load in all of your 18 jobs.

You can also 'Expand' or 'Extract' the Library Container File (LCF) for your 15 library allowing you to find the object file (via Explorer in Windows or equivalent on Mac) and copy it to your office library.
I would not place it in the "object library 18" as if this ever gets updated you will lose the 15 object - plus it too is an LCF file that you will have to extract to be able to place anything inside it anyway.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry!

The same marked isn't appearing in our 18 Library, but i extracted the container and voila!

Appreciate the help