Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL object (Window) rotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Query regarding the placement of the GDL object in the model

I have created the object (Window) in a new file and while placing that perticular GDL object in the desired model, its not getting placed in the required wall face(elevation) rather its getting placed in the bottom plane(Floor).

Anybodies help will be greately appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
suresh_rcms wrote:
I have created the object (Window) in a new file and while placing that perticular GDL object in the desired model, its not getting placed in the required wall face(elevation) rather its getting placed in the bottom plane(Floor).
I think your window object is probably modelled in the wrong plane. Take a look in the GDL Reference Guide (in Miscellaneous/Doors and Windows/General Guidelines). To quote:
GDL wrote:
Once a door/window is inserted into a wall, the default position of these library parts' coordinate system is rotated so that the x-y plane is vertical and the z axis points horizontally into the wall. The origin is placed on the bottom center of the wall opening, on the exterior side of the wall. This way, doors/windows can be easily modeled by elements in the x-y plane.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
suresh_rcms wrote:

I have created the object (Window) in a new file and while placing that perticular GDL object in the desired model, its not getting placed in the required wall face(elevation) rather its getting placed in the bottom plane(Floor)..
Did you save it as a 'window' object? this will rotate it into the wall.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Window and doors are modelled as if they lay flat on the ground , outside face down. By placing it into a wall ArchCAD automatically rotates it into the wall plane.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Aussie John" wrote:
Window and doors are modelled as if they lay flat on the ground , outside face down. By placing it into a wall ArchCAD automatically rotates it into the wall plane.

Really I am thankful to you. I got the solution
suresh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all of you. I got the solution

Suresh