Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

LIST of OBJECTS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's say (as an example) a GDL object (X) with 2D script :
RECT2 0,0,A,B
I put this object several times on the floorplan with different values of A and B. Each object gets a different user identity (GLOB_ID).

Is it possible to create another object (Y) in GDL that would put in one drawing or worksheet all objects (X) nicely next to each other ?
I tried with a macro calling (X) but then I don't get the different values A,B of each object (X).

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
Yes this is possible but, if you want to maintain flexibility, it takes a little work. Here is a simple example to show you how to do this.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,

I can not make it work.
Object Y only draws 1 rectangle here.

Will try further later.
Barry Kelly
Sadones1,
Do you want object Y to recognise all of the object X's placed in the plan and then replicate them all side by side?

If so this can't be done (easily) as objects can not relate to each other.
When you call another object you are just calling the default object and not the instances of it placed in the plan already.
While you are calling the default object you can feed it parameters so that it takes on the settings that you want it to have.

The only way this is possible is for all of your object X'x to write their parameters to ann external text file and then for object Y to read those parameters back in and then feed them into the default object X as you "CALL" it into object Y.

Otherwise Erich's object will place as many rectangles next to each other as you want but you must manually input all of theirs sizes and positions.
I get the impression that placing a rectangle is just an example and not what you really want to place?

Just had a thought.
You could create a schedule that shows the plan view of your objects and you could place this in your layouts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Indeed I want all the objectsX side by side on 1 layout.
(objectsX are details drawings at scale 1/10, scripted with GDL)

Through schedules it works but has limited layout possibilities.

With an external text file, I will try that.
Should be possible I think.

Thanks everyone already for your time and help.
Erich
Contributor
sadones1 wrote:
I can not make it work.
Object Y only draws 1 rectangle here.
I wrote this object very quickly so it is not completely worked out. The problem you are having is that when you increase the number of objects to be greater than 1 you must also give a displacement for each additional object as well as a size. If you just change the number of objects the additional objects will have a displacement of 0 and a size of 0 for both the width and height.

Barry's proposed text file method might make this easier for you.

This was meant only as an example of how you could accomplish what you appeared to be asking for in the first post.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Barry Kelly
Are all the ObjectX'x side by side in the archicad plan or are they scattered all over the different views?

If they are all side by side then then just create a viewpoint of those details and place that on your layout.

If they are all over the place then save a viewpoint of each detail and then you can bring all of those into the layouts.
It would be best to have each detail in its own section/elevation window to do this.
You can set the layout page to bring in all the drawing views at a set distance from each other automatically so there will be no need to duplicate them with object Y.
In the "Settings" for the "Master" used in your layout you can set up the "Auto arange drawings" options.

maybe some screen shots of what you are trying to achieve would be of more help.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11