Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

LPM Grabbing Prior Object Elements Outside Design Area

Marc H
Advisor

I'm working with the LPM to create some simple objects consisting of two elements.  I created the design area and successfully created the first object.  I then went to create a second object by adding a library part name and a new design area.  Though I created new elements for the second object in the new design area, the LPM is picking up all the elements (in their Component categories) from the first object !   It seems the LPM is not respecting the design area boundary at all.  It even overwrote the Preview image of the first object with that of the second.  Now, both objects seem to be joined in some strange way.

GS AC Help and online resources provide no guidance on how to prevent this.  What am I doing incorrectly?  Do I need to somehow clear the prior name or somehow otherwise start fresh?  It seems that has no effect with the attempts so far.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

Well, it appears if I delete the Library Part Name in the LPM toolbox before starting a new object, it will not associate the other elements to it.  Still, it is very odd how it highlights everything outside the Design Area.  Very confusing.  In any case, by clearing the LPM and creating a newly named object (would not work by using the same name in starting over), I was able to keep the two separated. 

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

Well, it appears if I delete the Library Part Name in the LPM toolbox before starting a new object, it will not associate the other elements to it.  Still, it is very odd how it highlights everything outside the Design Area.  Very confusing.  In any case, by clearing the LPM and creating a newly named object (would not work by using the same name in starting over), I was able to keep the two separated. 

Setup info provided by author