cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MSA_W_SHAPE in V9 not showing up in V10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We started a project in version 9. Now we are doing tenant work in the same building but we are using version 10 Archicad (trying to use it's benefits). We brought the base building (exterior walls and structure) which was done in V9 into V10 via a module. We made a pla of the entire V9 file and loaded that in to V10 file. All the MSA steel shapes are hotspots (or burs as we like to call them). How the heck do we get them to show up correctly (with correct size - everything as they were in V9). And by the way.... why is it so hard to move a project from 1 version to another????!!!!!! That has to be one of our number one gripes!! Please could anyone help????

Thanks,
Michele
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michele:

I opened the object MSA_W_Shape and saw in the 2D Script that the file MSA_Steel.txt is used. For some odd reason, this file is in the ArchiCAD 9 application folder. You can try moving a copy of this file to one of the loaded libraries to see if this will fix your problem. My guess is that it was missed when the archive was created.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried this and still hotspots
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michele:

I opened a blank ArchiCAD 9 file, loaded only the ArchiCAD Library 9, placed one instance of the MSA_W_Shape, and saved an archive file. I then opened this file in ArchiCAD 10 (and extracted the library to folders), and the object was a "bur". I then placed the MSA_Steel.txt in this library, same result. So on a whim I moved a copy of MSA_Steel.txt to the ArchiCAD 10 application folder, so it was in the application folder structure the same way as ArchiCAD 9, and the object showed up. You might give this a try, I don't know if the module part of your work flow is an issue.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Worked like a charm. I love not seeing burs.

Thanks for all your help,
Michele
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michele:

Glad that worked, thanks for letting us (me) know.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture