Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

New Object. How do I add material as a parameter?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've made a new object (a lamp) out of primitives. It has as defaults the materials defined when the object was created. Now I want to open the object and add parameters so that materials can be chosen for two separate parts of the lamp.

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

TIA

Adri
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't bother to reply...I've found it out.

TIA

Adri
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Adi:

Briefly:
1. Open the library part and add two new parameters by clicking on the "New" button.
2. Give each of these parameters a unique Variable (like Mat_A and Mat_B), give each one a descriptive Name, and change their Type to Material (icon with a cube & sphere).
3. Now the fun starts. You will need to search through the 3D Script and find where ArchiCAD placed the material designation for each part of your object. ArchiCAD should have used the material assigned to each part when you created the library part, so search for these material names. You will want to substitute these material names with your Variable names. The material names will probably be in quotes (as it is using the name, not the index number), your Variable name should not be in quotes (as it is actually passing the index number, not the name).

Post the code if you really get stuck, depending on the primitives used (object, slab, etc) the material names may appear near the start of each part, or somewhere in the middle.

[I saw your reply after writing, but posted this as it might help others]

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14