Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Objects issue

arqperalta
Contributor
I did many objects in Archicad 12 using slabs, walls and objects from the AC 12 library, now in AC 14 the objects can't find the parts from the migration libraries. The solution is load the 12 Lib. but it result in tons of duplicated objects. Is there a way to load just the missing parts from the 12 Lib.?
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Asus i9, 64Gb Ram, Windows 11, 4Gb graphs
7 REPLIES 7
Erich
Contributor
Of course the part YOU made are not in the migration library. You're the only one that has them. The migration library only contains the standard Graphisoft parts.

To get them into a project in AC 14 you need to located the parts on your machine, gather them all into a single folder (I strongly recommend that you copy them into a new folder rather than move them from their former location). Then in ArchiCAD 14 load the folder with all the copied parts.

Typically you will want an office library that is always loaded where parts such as these can reside. That way they will always be available to you. It is also a good idea to have a separate project library that contains parts specific to each project. ArchiCAD 14 has embedded libraries as well which may change some of the best practices but I am still stuck in the past with AC 12 so I can' speak too much to that. Perhaps someone else can.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Erich wrote:
It is also a good idea to have a separate project library that contains parts specific to each project. ArchiCAD 14 has embedded libraries as well which may change some of the best practices but I am still stuck in the past with AC 12 so I can' speak too much to that. Perhaps someone else can.
The Embedded Library can replace the Project Library.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
arqperalta
Contributor
Thank you Erich but I AM talking about the standard Graphisoft parts.
The parts that doesn't appear are objects from the 12 library that does not are located in the migration library, so, anybody knows a way to upload just some elements of the 12 lib into the AC14?
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Erich
Contributor
Which parts?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can extract AC12 Library (ArchiCAD Library 12.lcf) in a new folder and then load only desired parts into AC14.
arqperalta
Contributor
Thank you andro55, worked nicely.
Erich, did it matter which parts?
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Erich
Contributor
It only matters if they are not present in the migration library, which they should be.

Otherwise, no.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K