Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Various Casing Dimensions

toman311
Enthusiast
I am currently working in A20 and I don't see the feature to allow the choice of various widths of the different casings for the same door or window. In A18, there was the option to change the width of casings on the left side of the door or window and have the casing width be different on the right side of the door or window. Now, it seems that it is either the left and right casing are the same or they are ganged. I don't see any customization here and this is very important. I can't remember if this feature was taken out in A19 because I didn't spend long in A19 because of when my office updated. Still, A18 had this casing feature.

Is there another way? Or are we just out of a necessary feature?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
3 REPLIES 3
fuzzytnth3
Booster
This button here....

Once dechecked lets you size each casing individually
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
toman311
Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.

I am not seeing that button. I attached a screen shot showing my options.
It appears you are working off of a UK version according to your signature beneath your post. I am working off of the USA version, so I guess that is why we're getting different options. Sadly, I don't see that button...

I don't think it is anywhere else either, but maybe I am wrong. I wonder what other people do to get around this issue.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
toman311
Enthusiast
I found the answer to this problem that nobody seems to apparently be having besides me.

The answer is...

When casings are desired to be different widths (in ArchiCAD 20 that I know of), gang the side of the window you want to mull to another window and check the casing box right beneath the box you checked to gang that side of the window. Then, to get that casing to meet the other windows casing you are mulling it to (which will be ganged on the appropriate side of course), adjust the shim space under "Nominal Sizes and Tolerance". The casing width with adjust according to the shim space number.

... and that is how you do custom casing dimensions in ArchiCAD 20.
It took me around a year to finally realize this answer! I am going to enjoy drawing windows so much more!

This is much better than using the Morph tool to fill in the gaps for every piece of the window.