cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Niche Rectangular should follow curve of wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Archicad Gurus! I would like to ask something about the Wall Niche Rectangular 16 object under window tool. Is it possible to curve the niche both the outer edge of the wall and inner? Some ArchiCAD users say, it used to be possible in lower versions but I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve tried creating it in AC version12 and I just had a poor result. I’ve attached image for your reference done in AC16.

Please if there is a better way kindly show me how to do it in AC16 if possible?

Thanks in advance!

Niche Window not following the curve wall_.png
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ainarette:

Works here. Under Parameters > 2D Representation > turn Show Symbol Fill off, set Niche Fill in 2D to Solid Fill and the pens to a white pen.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David, thanks for this. Does the 3D model follows the curve as well? that's my main concern actually. Thanks again!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ainarette wrote:
Does the 3D model follows the curve as well? that's my main concern actually.
Like the plan view: curved outer edge, straight back.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14