Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

"Text window find"(ctrl F, Find and Replace)

Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
This question concerns the GDL scripting environment, specifically the tool that lets you search the script then find or replace strings (crtl F on pc). In my AC16 i can´t get the "Replace all"-button to work on the "Text window find"-palette. It works fine in earlier ArchiCad-versions. The button "Replace" works aswell as "Find". I´ve tried entering both letters and numbers and leaving the checkboxes checked or unchecked, but the "Replace all" won´t work. As I mentioned I´ve repeated the same behaviour in earlier versions and that works correct.
/Karl, Architect
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Karl wrote:
In my AC16 i can´t get the "Replace all"-button to work on the "Text window find"-palette. It works fine in earlier ArchiCad-versions.
Same here.

I don't use this function, I prefer to step through a script using Replace Again (I have a keyboard shortcut for this command) to ensure that I know exactly the changes, the Replace Again command does work in AC 16.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Thank you for the tip David. I works fine to go through the script with "Replace again", (ctrl t on my keyboard). But I would like the "Replace all" to work too, of course. I´m using it a lot. Since your program behaves the same way, at least now I know that this is not just my version.
/Karl
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Karl wrote:
Since your program behaves the same way, at least now I know that this is not just my version.
If you add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example), then there will be more information about the extent of the bug (does it appear only on Mac?, etc).

I can see where Replace Again would be slower than Replace All. Another alternative is to copy the script into another application that has a Replace All command, then copying back the altered text (you could use an earlier version of ArchiCAD for this) until the bug is fixed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14