A Company Graphisoft ID is created automatically when the first person in a company associates their individual Graphisoft ID with any of the company’s Archicad Protection Keys through the “Key pairing” process.
The first person who completes the Key Pairing process will become the Administrator. The Administrator can later transfer the administrator rights to another member.
NOTE: Only the Administrator can transfer administrator rights to another member.
The process described in this article is carried out either using graphisoftid.graphisoft.com
. To learn more about the difference between these two portals, please click here
To give the Administrator rights to another member, first, this member must be a Member of the Company Graphisoft ID.
How to join an existing Company
There are two ways to join an existing Company:
1. The Administrator can invite any individual with a personal Graphisoft ID to join the Company he/she manages. The Administrator can send the invitation from:
The invited member will receive an email with the invitation, with which he/she can approve or reject the invitation. By signing in to graphisoftid.graphisoft.com or accounts.graphisoft.com, he/she can also respond to the Pending request.
2. A Graphisoft ID user can send a join request to an Administrator during the first attempt of using Graphisoft's online services, e.g.:
- downloading a Software-Based Protection Key to her computer
- Sharing a BIMx model
When an individual does any of the above actions using the Company's ARCHICAD license and their own individual Graphisoft ID, then the administrator will be notified for approval to complete the process. At this point, this Graphisoft ID will become a Member of the Company.
To transfer the Administrator status to another member, the Administrator needs to log in to graphisoftid.graphisoft.com
using his/her own Graphisoft ID:
- Using graphisoftid.graphisoft.com: Navigate to Company details > Administration sub-menu, select the member you want to make the New administrator. Click on the Send request button.
- Using accounts.graphisoft.com: Navigate to Company menu, then scroll down to Company Members section. Click Change Administrator. A popup dialog will open. Select the member from the list, or enter the name or Graphisoft ID's email address, then click Change.
The (new) Member will receive an email notification and will be asked to accept the Administrator role. He/She can also Approve
this role after signing in via graphisoftid.graphisoft.com
By approving this request this Member will be the new Administrator of the GSID Company. The previous Administrator (now has the normal Member
role) can now be disconnected from the GSID company, if needed.