BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Views Locked Up. Object problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad has locked up in camera mode with a Warning "Non-positive parameter(s) at line 112 in the 3D script of file Flexible Shelf 15.gsm."

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Find the object and delete it...apparently some parameter was set badly for that library part, and it wasn't smart enough to disallow an invalid value.

If you know what floor it is on, it'll make life easier. If not, you'll have to open each story until you find it. Use Find & Select to quickly find it if you don't know where on a story it is.

Do ctrl-F / cmd-F to bring up the Find & Select dialog. Select Object as the Element Type. As shown in the attached screenshot, then click the "Add" button to add another criterion. Select "Name" for that and enter "Flexible Shelf 15" in the name. (Or change the verb from "is" to "contains" or "starts with" and enter just Flexible ... etc etc)

Click the "+" button to select anything in the current view that matches. If you find that a shelf is selected, delete it and try 3D again.

If you model has a lot of these objects, then the approach might be slightly different - trying to find the BAD one. So, as each one is selected, view 3D with just the selection until you find that you cannot view in 3D .. and you've found the culprit.

Cheers,
Karl
find-object.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to do. In adjusting the hotspots, I had compressed the object and couldn't find in. It's fixed.
Learn and get certified!