Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bearing/Angle readout bug?

TDabney
Enthusiast
Working in AC10. I've got my Working Units => Angle Unit set to Surveyor's Unit to lay out a site plan. The "New" coordinates display that follows the cursor around the screen (which I like btw) doesn't read correctly when moving either towards the SOUTH west or SOUTH east. For instance: when moving the cursor down and to the right (up is north) it reads N50?59'19"E instead of S50?59'19"E. Same thing happens when moving down and to the left. When moving up and to the right or left, it reads correctly. Oddly, the coordinate display palett DOES display the correct coordinates.

Am I a dork? or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
12 REPLIES 12
TDabney
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
Am I a dork? or is this a bug?
You're a dork! In fact you all are!

Just kidding! Seriously, this is by design - the New User Guide does say this about the Tracker preferences:

If you check the Use relative angle measures checkbox, it will have
an effect during element creation. Let us say you are creating a chain
of Walls. If this checkbox is checked, the Angle value of Tracker will
display the angle relative to the direction (angle) of the last drawn
edge of the element being created.

Does unchecking this option in the WE solve the 'problem'?

Cheers,
Link.
I can handle being a dork. In all honestly, without Link's aid, how in the world are normal people, or dorks like me, supposed to find stuff like that? It MAYBE would've been something I'd stumble across, completely by accident, but highly unlikely!

Thanks Link.
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have changed the option in the work environment and it still does not seem to work correctly. The coordinates box still works fine so I have been using that. It is not often that I enter surveyor units so for me it is a small issue. If something slipped through for another user it could be critical.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, it works fine once I turn off the relative functions in the tracker settings. I guess this is because surveyor's angles are actually global bearings, but I still don't see why it has to be this way.