cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Cover Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, not sure if there is a post already about this, if so I cant find it.

Basically I'm working on a plan that uses jpegs as cover fills. They display fine in the model, however when I come to plot them on the printer or as a pdf (using adobe pdf) some parts of them seem to be missing and are part replaced by a black fill.

I have attached an image showing this.

My thoughts are the fills are too high resolution and the printer and pdf creator cant handle it.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
andrewjtaberner wrote:
Any insight would be appreciated.
Hi!

A couple of ideas that might help:
- try to use ArchiCAD's build in PDF engine instead of Adobe's. Use simply the save as command and chose PDF as filetype. Does that result the same sort of errors?
- based on your PDF only one of the fills appears to be problematic. Try to change the texture, use one with the lowest resolution that still results the required look

Let us know how it goes.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Marton,

Many thanks for the reply, I had no idea you could generate pdfs using the "save as" command, worked a treat!

Thank you!!
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
andrewjtaberner wrote:
Many thanks for the reply, I had no idea you could generate pdfs using the "save as" command, worked a treat!
You are welcome, I am really glad that it works well with the built in engine. The same PDF engine is available through the publisher if you would like to populate more than one drawing.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT