Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disable automatic updates in Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I realize that there may be many means to accomplish this issue, but I am seeking one as elegant (at least) as the PM9 solution.

Suppose that one has 16 design iterations of a drawing. In the previous layout (PM9), one would simply duplicate layout #16, rename it #17, and unlink #16, so that it becomes imbedded. Essentially 16 becomes locked and then one can update any and all changes in #17. This process can be repeated for each change so that the entire history of changes to the work is immediately available (to view, at least.)

The only solution that seems remotely close is to have the layout in a separate file from the drawing, and link it as an external source. Is there a more sophisticated, and faster linking solution?

Thanks

Victor
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
vito wrote:
OK, I realize that there may be many means to accomplish this issue, but I am seeking one as elegant (at least) as the PM9 solution.

Suppose that one has 16 design iterations of a drawing. In the previous layout (PM9), one would simply duplicate layout #16, rename it #17, and unlink #16, so that it becomes imbedded. Essentially 16 becomes locked and then one can update any and all changes in #17. This process can be repeated for each change so that the entire history of changes to the work is immediately available (to view, at least.)
Why doesn't this work for you in AC10?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gee, I hope that I am not missing the ferry here, but it appears that one needs to set the drawing to manual update. That is the only way to keep it from automatically updating. I fear that someone else, far less familiar with a project will open and update inadvertantly (dispite the best efforts.)

What have I missed
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you copy the layout with the drawings on it, you can break the link of the copied or original drawings individually, using the Drawing Manager.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.

Not sure how this one slipped under the radar.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I think the best way is to output to PDF each revision. After all you have lost the earlier version in a CAD sense anyway.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]