cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor slab surface area label

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i place a surface area label onto a 100mm thick slab i get the surface area which is exactly what i want.
if the slab is a waflle slab with ribs, the surface area is then incorrect, so i change the layer number on the slab, that works, all good.
But i then use a morpth object that I made to show the rebate edge at the garage door. this also affects the surface area, which i suppose makes sense, but i dont want it to.
I tried changing layer numbers,but it doesn't make any difference.
can anybody make a suggestion, i am now back to using a 2d fill now to get the floor area which i really want to move away from.
2 REPLIES 2
Pato99
Enthusiast
You can schedule 'gross surface area' also 'gross surface area of the bottom of the slab'. I have also had success creating an additional 1mm material composite on the bottom/top that overrides all other material priorities. It's a pain, but it cannot be seen.

I agree that there should be a 'top surface area to perimeter edge' option Back in the day 'Area' would work just fine.

Maybe someone has a better idea.
Versions 10 to forced subscription
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Pat, i have used the bottom of the slab & that works.