Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

In Which Decade will OSX Archicad get Modernized?

archislave
Enthusiast
I am beginning to doubt that it could happen this decade. I bought Archicad in 2005 and with each never version I was hoping that the GUI would be updated to OSX standards released in 2001. Well it never happened in that decade and now no compliance with Lion and I suspect it is impossible without a major rewrite to have unified and full screen mode.

You see, I have a Macbook with I sometimes attach to a 23" LCD. If I close the lid to my Macbook with a saved Archicad file still open, hoping to pick up where I left off on the bigger screen. When I do get back on the larger screen I have to go to the saved environment setting for each monitor which by the way has too many dialog boxes to invoke. Sometimes even this is not enough to prevent window borders from getting hidden and tucked under the top icon menu bar of the gui frame. The problem is that is all of these separate magnetic menu bars and toolboxes. This is an old pre-OSX convention and is now very counterproductive. OSX has long had unified app windows and now with Lion it is being put to full use with full screen mode.

I just don't understand why they continue to ignore this in Budapest. It is like they just don't care and do not intend to get with the modern Mac. We need to set up some protest to show we are serious as users.
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure why my signature disappeared
Thomas Holm
Booster
archislave wrote:
...You see, I have a Macbook with I sometimes attach to a 23" LCD. If I close the lid to my Macbook with a saved Archicad file still open, hoping to pick up where I left off on the bigger screen. When I do get back on the larger screen I have to go to the saved environment setting for each monitor which by the way has too many dialog boxes to invoke. Sometimes even this is not enough to prevent window borders from getting hidden and tucked under the top icon menu bar of the gui frame. The problem is that is all of these separate magnetic menu bars and toolboxes. This is an old pre-OSX convention and is now very counterproductive. OSX has long had unified app windows and now with Lion it is being put to full use with full screen mode....
I used a similar setup for a while. I created a work profile for the smallest screen where all palettes etc. were docked to the top and left edges of the screen, (replacing the default where all screen edges are used). Using this profile, I could switch screens with no issues (or extra work) at all. I still use a similar scheme because it allows me to bring projects home and back with no issues.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1