Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PLN and PMK exchange betw. AC9 and AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have trouble generally with marker and title from AC9.

How can I import Titles from AC9 and how can I make my own titles for layouts with AC10?
37 REPLIES 37
SeaGeoff
Ace
While these complaints do point to the general need for a graphic creation and editing system for objects I think it is imperative that when Graphisoft does deliver such a system that is built on GDL and that direct access to the code remains available as it is often much easier/faster to tweak things that way than graphically.

As for the title, yes it will require GDL manipulations to edit, but the trade off is well worth it. For example we finally get scale bars because the new titles can respond to (not just list) the drawing scale. And because objects can have multiple configurations, editable hotspots and the like, one title object can serve a broad range of situations. We will no longer have to create a new title type because we want a smaller circle, different font, etc. The one I've tried out (can't remember which) has hotspots to adjust the position of each text block and the line length, so already offers more flexibility than you describe. I'm sure we'll see variants appearing soon in the Object Depository.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
The new titles may be good in the long run, but the ones supplied with 10 are cryptic and hard to use. I do tire of having to guess at what some parameters represent and ultimately not achieving what I am after.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's me but the NCS Title in 10 is the type of title I have used it seems forever. The bubble is on the left - the title is on top, the line extends the distance of the view automatically and the scale is noted and can have a graphic scale included.. For me very nice and I did not have to do a thing except use it.

Lew Bishop
Dual 2.0 G5 4GB - 2- 20" cinemas nVidea 6800
AC 10 - OS X 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 for home
Anonymous
Not applicable
LewBishop wrote:
Maybe it's me but the NCS Title in 10 is the type of title I have used it seems forever. The bubble is on the left - the title is on top, the line extends the distance of the view automatically and the scale is noted and can have a graphic scale included.. For me very nice and I did not have to do a thing except use it.

Lew Bishop
Dual 2.0 G5 4GB - 2- 20" cinemas nVidea 6800
AC 10 - OS X 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 for home
Great
Where can I get NCS title?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Amazing as it may seem It came up as a default type in the layout section of the plan - along with the basic title. I am using both - the basic for a residential project, and the NCS for a larger one.

When you select a view on a sheet, and do a cmdT to the tool, in the title section there is a box to choose the title type -- and there it is..

Lew Bishop
Dual 2.0 G5 4GB nVidea 6800 2-20" Cinemas
AC 10 - OS X 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 for home
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hellow Lew
If you dont mind, can you show here as picture?
Your instruction is not easy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the screen shot of the location - in the layout section of the file, select the view - in this case a detail of a wall section, and do a CMD T or CNTRL T to get the screen with all the defaults. Look at the bottom section of the page to find the section that deals with the title elements. All of the required selections are there for me.

Lew Bishop

Dual 2.0 G5 4GB nVidea 6800 2-20" cinemas
AC 10 - OSX 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 for home
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need it.
For german version there is no NCs Title.
Is there any possibility to download this one?
Basically we need more marker types for title, detail and section.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about that -- did not even look to your location. The NCS stuff is a National Cad Standards that has been developed in the US for use by anyone doing business with the government. The standards extend to all who wish to use them. I have adopted the standards as a reasonable way of creating good drawing content and to have parts that are recognized by most people working in the industry here.

I do not know whether or not the various parts are available from GS or others.

Lew Bishop

Dual 2.0 G5 4GB nVidia 6800
AC 10 OSX 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 For Home
kevin b
Contributor
I'm in the US and the only title I have is "Basic Drawing Title"
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram