Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Popularity in Asia?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am considering relocating to Hong Kong and would like to know the percentage of firms in Hong Kong/China use archicad. I just recently found the distributor of Archicad in Hong Kong, Solutions Research Ltd. and is wondering if it's popular. Does anyone know?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
To be totally honest I would have to say that ArchiCAD has not reached its potential in HK with the percentage of firms using it being rather small.
China I can not comment on but the story was similar there a few of years ago, maybe even less market penetration.

Solutions Research Ltd., are a great bunch of guys who have just taken over as the distributer, so they are on also on a steep learning curve.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends on, how fast and how wide AC can be copied there.....
Chazz
Enthusiast
I can't speak to the ArchiCAD adoption rate in your area but....

The easiest way to find (relative) market penetration is to search the want ads in the region. In my area that means craigslist. While there is a craigslist Hong Kong, it's not very active. I'm sure there's some home-grown job listing service that's more universally used.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
..is to search the want ads in the region. In my area that means craigslist. .
Wow! Is craiglist that popular in California that it’s a good source to find Architectural jobs?

Unless I’m totally not in touch with things, I think here in Toronto it’s just a place to find second hand items.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Hassanen wrote:
Wow! Is craiglist that popular in California that it’s a good source to find Architectural jobs?
Yup. Craigslist was started in 1995 in the San Francisco Bay Area by a guy name Craig. It is THE place for job listings, housing, cars, stuff, barter and ummm.... something known as encounters. A great community resource that's now being exported to other locations around the globe. Most of it is free to post and all of it is free to view.

(And if you don't know what "mm4t" stands for, maybe you shouldn't look)
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current