Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Redlining Clouds

Seiss Wagner
Participant
I am unable to stretch the rectangle Cloud 9, or the Redlining Cloud 9 found in the Objects Library. Neither the stretch command, nor the pet palette icon stretch seems to work.

I am doing something wrong, do I need to know a special ArchiCAD trick not explained in the manual or does it just not work?

The clouds worked fine when I was using ArchiCAD 7, but that was the old days, when you could actually grab a hot spot and stretch without doing anything special.
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This does not address your immediate issue, but I use the spline tool with a "cloud" line for this. It works great - the only issue is you always need to draw in the same direction (counter clockwise or clockwise) depending on how the line type was made.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
This does not address your immediate issue, but I use the spline tool with a "cloud" line for this. It works great - the only issue is you always need to draw in the same direction (counter clockwise or clockwise) depending on how the line type was made.
Or if you can never remember which direction to draw (like me) create two different line types; one for each direction. If you draw the wrong direction, just change line type.
Karl Ottenstein
Seiss,

Make sure you are on the outer hotspots (there is an inner and outer one at each corner), and that the pet palette mode is for stretch as shown in the screenshot.

That said, I've been unhappy with these library parts and think Mike's idea is the best bet for clouds.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Seiss Wagner
Participant
KARL -

Yes, I am on the outside hotspot, and yes, I am using the stretch box on the pet palette, but all I get is an offset cloud of the 10'x7' native object. In addition, once I attempt a stretch, the stretch box of the pet palette disappears and all I can do is a drag.

I Think I will will take Mike's suggestion and try the spline tool.

However, I liked the cloud object because it gave a nice, neat, consistent rectangle.

Seiss
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seiss Wagner:
This library part does not work well. theres must be an error in the scripting. HJower I posted this question several months ago and Dan kunchick was kind enough to tell me how to fix the script. It is here:

It's really pretty simple to make it stretchy.
1.) Open the Cloud Rectangular.gsm by going to File/GDL Objects/Open Object...
2.) Notice the "A" & "B" values are set to 10' and 7' respectively
3.) Click on the 2D Script button and add the following statement in the first line of the script: mul2 a/10', b/7'
4.) Done, now save the object and see that it stretches in plan

You can do the same for the Cloud Round.gsm but the 2D Script will need to be mul2 a/7', b/7'

I'm not really sure what original purpose Graphisoft had in mind for these "static" cloud objects...anybody have an idea???

I just checked back today and noticed your post. I took the time and revised the script as you suggested and the cloud object is now as stretchy as a politician ':D'

I guess it pays to check back, I thought it was a dead issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Seiss
Dual 5K - 27" Displays