Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trends: ArchiCAD, Revit and VectorWorks

stefan
Advisor
Try this and see what you can make out of it:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=ArchiCAD,Revit,VectorWorks

If you add AutoCAD into the equation, the rest fades away, obviously...

Picture 1.png
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
I hate diagrams without z axis. The one thing you might hope this one tells you is that the line above the other is more of something. How much more? Of what? You don't know. The differences might be 1/10th of a percent.

Still, I guess I can see from this diagram that despite that the news volume about Revit has been much bigger than for the other programs together, during the whole period, Archicad still is the program most are searching for.

That's interesting. I thought since Archicad is old and mature and fairly well-known, while Revit is new, well-financed and under fast development, the searches for Revit would have been topping the others by a fair margin for a long time already.

Edited: While you're at it, check the lower part of the Google page. There you can rank the searches by program and see where they are... What? Biggest?

So: Archicad is biggest in Ukraine, Russia and Serbia, Revit in South Africa, Portugal and New Zealand, Vectorworks in Belgium and Switzerland, Microstation in the Czech Republic and India, and Allplan in Slovenia...

I have a distinct feeling somebody's pulling my leg...
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Revit is very strong in USA.
Do you know the reason why?
stefan
Advisor
Archi wrote:
Revit is very strong in USA.
Do you know the reason why?
Autodesk Marketing?

Is it strong? Or are many people talking about it?

I'm not aware of precise numbers, but since Revit is priced very aggressively, including AutoCAD, many users buy it, but there is no statistics on how many of these users actually apply it on projects.

I have the 2008 version and try to learn it better. IMHO, Revit and ArchiCAD both lead the BIM software offerings. There is not "better" or "worse" in this comparison.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book