cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What's off?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Somehow I've turned something off I think, or is it corrupt file?
The same AC stock stone that is showing on column object is also on short lower C.P. wall and is the same stone that is on chimney regular AC composite wall. So it's not that the material is missing.
Stone use to show up fine in elevation. Other vectorial hatches are there on roof and wall cladding of Cadimage in elevation as you can see in attachment.
I'm I just missing some simple button somewhere?
I've opened and closed the file to no avail. Closed and restarted AC. Gone back and forth to other views etc. So far I can't figure it out.
Thought I've check every setting in mvo and elevation dialog and can't get stone on walls to show up again.
Any ideas/guesses welcome.
Hopefully I'm just making as simple mistake of some kind.
I've also now gone back and tested file that is two renditions back and it also now has the same problem.
This file is in 12
Thanks
lec
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hard to say, but perhaps
- toggle the marked distance settings (sounds like you might have done this)
- shift the location of the section marker in the plan view by small amounts. Sometimes SEOs and other model complexities can cause problems in s/e windows.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Hard to say, but perhaps
- toggle the marked distance settings (sounds like you might have done this)
- shift the location of the section marker in the plan view by small amounts. Sometimes SEOs and other model complexities can cause problems in s/e windows.
HTH
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, tried those ideas and placing new elevation marker and also tried section marker to no joy.
Also tried placing new piece of C.P. and regular wall but still no stone vectorial shows up.

UPDATE:(5K hours later) Now have discovered that none of the AC stone vectorial fills will show up EXCEPT 6; (attached), (now is that strange or what?), but at least its now narrowed down a bit (sort of).
Does that ring any bells?
(It is near xmas)
Stone-2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update:
Now after temporarily setting stone to 6 (the only one that will work) and trying to go forward again,
I have the vectorial hatch (I made a while go) go away on roof.
HISTORY;
My roof hatch did disappear before with this file, intermittently, (a day or two ago) but now seems to be gone and even changing roof to other material with different vectorial hatch, none will show up, at least not yet. Still futzing with settings to find smoking gun to no avail.
Starting to think is is not me, but AC screwing up.
Looks like AC is losing "handle" on vectorials of it's choosing.
Nasty little boooger I say!
Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE 4700
Opened the file in 14 and I get my roof hatch back but stone on C.P. and regular AC composite wall is gone using AC Stone 3 as before.
But now Stone 6's vectorial hatch (or any other AC stone) won't show up.
Stone-5.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE 4701
Now opened the file back in 12 and lo and behold, my AC stone 3 is back!!
GREAT, but as you can see, my roof hatch is gone.
Shot in the dark, but I would check whether these materials have been tagged as core vs. finish component in the Profile Manager for components (probably should be finish components, rather than core), and make sure that they correspond with the MVO which should include finish components.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika and Richard,
and special thanks to Gerald,(PM).
All back on now.
It was a combination of things.
Different for each; C.P.,roof hatch, composite wall.
I'd list all the specifics but hard to remember which and why for now...
I'm still digesting it.
One of the tricky parts was that not only is the column a library part, but the main house wall is emulating a "vectorial" hatch as that is from C.I..
So neither of these last two were effected by my settings, compounding the my confusion.
Getting all the ducks to quack in the right sequence was the key.