Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to save my desktop configuration

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to save my desktop so that the Quick Layers Palette is always open when I open ArchiCAD. I thought that this would be controlled by opening the Quick Layer Palette and moving to the location that I want it and then saving my Palette Scheme in Work Environment.
For some reason this doesn't seem to make the Quick Layers Palette be open when I start ArchiCAD.
Please let me know if there is a way to make the Quick Layers Palette be open when I start ArchiCAD.
Thank you,
John
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
A "quick" search of the forums would lead you to many dozens of posts about this: Quick Layers is the sole palette whose position and open/closed status is not memorized in the Work Environment in your version. Very old complaint / wish. 😞

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Karl
Oh, I thought that it was just me. I forgot to search before posting on that one.
sinceV6
Advocate
You can always make a new quick layers "toolbar", and add every command from quick layers to it. This way you will be able to save the position in your work environment. It'll take you just 5 minutes, and it works pretty well. You can also add the quick layers toggle button to any other toolbar as well.

Best regards.