Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

in Organizer, Project Chooser "browse" option not available

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all, I would like to say that simply searching through this forum has helped me through many of the issues I have encountered in beginning to learn ArchiCAD at work, and for that I thank the knowledgeable members.

However, one thing is escaping me and my searches. I'm trying to import details from a master detail pln file to individual project files through the organizer method described by several members that I found via search, but when I go to select my master details file in the left side of the organizer, "browse" is not an option in the project chooser pulldown. The only two options I get from the pulldown menu are "show navigator" (which is already open, so irrelevant) and "show drawing manager" which doesn't seem to be helpful at all.

I can't for my life figure out why I can't see the browse option, though I am very new to ArchiCAD (only been using it for 2 and a half weeks) so I could very easily be missing a simple step.

I'm using ArchiCAD Start Edition 2010 on Mac OS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
The start edition does not have all the features of the full edition. Check in the help menu if this feature is part of the start edition.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply. We are aware that Start does not have all of the features of the full version, but the Reference Guide for Start Edition has several screenshots (on pages 227, 244, and 1388 if anyone else has Start Edition and wants to reference) that shows the "Browse Project" and "Browse Teamwork Project" options available, so it seems to me that this feature should be available in Start also. It also explains the same method of referencing external views in a project through the Organizer.

This issue remains a mystery to me. Luckily this first project we are doing in ArchiCAD is a simple pool house so I just merged existing autoCAD .dwg details into the project file the same way I had put them into the master detail file to get this one out the door, but in the future it would be nice to figure out why this isn't working as it should and build a full detail library to reference as needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
External Drawings are not supported in Start Edition. If the method is referenced in the manual, then it is in error. You can see Start Edition's limitations on the product page: http://www.graphisoft.com/products/acse2010/
Anonymous
Not applicable
That sure is a bummer, and also what we were afraid of. I guess we'll just have to clean up our AutoCAD detail .dwgs and merge them into each individual project as we need them. It shouldn't be a problem for most of our projects since they are relatively small additions/renovations, but it might become a hassle when we get to the larger custom homes that we do from time to time.

Thanks for the information and help though.