Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Grid Elements a no-show in some stories

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
New problem with the Grid Tool: grid elements are set to show in All Stories; however, a number of them do not display above the 3rd story (in an 8 story building). All are on the same layer -- this is a Teamwork file. Anyone see this yet? Any suggestions?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
4 REPLIES 4
owen
Newcomer
Is your Grid hotlinked? Do you use any curved grid elements?

I had it confirmed by GSHQ in June there are bugs in the Grid Tool cause by both these things and AFAIK the Grid Tool has not been fixed (GS Aust add-ons page could be out of date though).

The problem persists with Hotlinked grids (grid elements dissappear on random stories, other stories refuse to hotlink at all). However if i copy the grid into the file rather than Hotlinking it works fine.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If we all scream together, someone might hear us.

Ready, 1, 2, 3....
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
owen wrote:
Is your Grid hotlinked? Do you use any curved grid elements?
Nope. Nope. The only thing unique about the file (aside from other files not having this problem) is that it is Teamworked.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Still experiencing this problem in various projects. Whenever a parameter is changed (specifically the length of the line and/or the Custom Marker Name), the grid line disappears from one or more stories, and the story settings cannot be restored. Cannot tell if this is Teamwork-related, as almost all projects within our office are now Teamworked, but here is my work-around:

Create a new file -- make sure the new file has same number of stories as the original. Trace the Grid Objects with lines in the original file and cut/paste into the new file. Create new Grid Objects with the desired settings (for instance, Show on Selected Stories...) and then cut/paste these into the original file. Seems silly, but it works.